Based in Birmingham. Permanent role offering Competitive salary and benefits package
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety-critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse makeup of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work-life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award-winning people-orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
As a Construction and Health and Safety Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering a a range of accredited, non-accredited training and assessments to all learners in a professional, quality driven environment. You will deliver technical training and support for learners to achieve their qualifications ensuring you work within regulated standards, guidelines and processes as set by the Company or awarding body. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Planning time accordingly with Training Manager to maximise training revenue in-line with HSQE standards.
- Delivering training courses and workplace assessments in-line with accreditation and regulatory bodies, industry and company standards, group standards and current protocols and specifications.
- Mentoring behaviours that promote best practice that is above and beyond the normal behaviours that have traditionally existed within the construction industry.
- Regular liaison with clients to communicate leaner performance, results and issues to ensure these are resolved promptly.
- Ensuring that all required documentation for each training course / assessment / qualification is completed at the end of each session to the highest standard and meets all the requirements of awarding bodies.
- Maintaining competence in-line with current standards by either online exams or assessments.
- Familiarisation with all method statements for construction Health and Safety training.
- Preparing all training rooms, visual aids and assessment materials in-line with training plans.
- Ensuring all training/assessment plans are up to date in-line with current issue.
- Maintaining a record of Continuous Personal Development (CPD).
- Remaining up to date with training and work legislations related to health and safety in construction and capture a minimum of 30 hours per annum CPD.
- IV responsibilities, as required.
- Undertaking verification activities in-line with the current system in accordance with sampling plan.
What experience would we like you to have?
To be selected for interview, your application must demonstrate relevant experience of delivering Health & Safety and Construction training, assessments, and apprenticeship training courses with mentorship skills to build learner relationships and maximise learner numbers.
This is a customer facing role requiring strong people and relationship building skills. You will be required to demonstrate an awareness of industry and legal processes and the inner strength not to be swayed in compromising safety and compliance procedures.
We are seeking a strong decision maker that is not afraid to make difficult decisions on training and assessments that could impact an individual’s career in the construction sector.
INFRA Skills offer a ranger of employment benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro rata) (increasing with length of service)
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- BUPA Private Health
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is a fully accredited with;
- NSAR – Network Rail competency assessments and training
- CITB – Construction & Civils, Health & Safety
- NPTC – Arboriculture
- ILM – Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5
- Highfield – Business Qualifications inc. Level 1,2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds – Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online
|Holiday||20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro rata) (increasing with length of service)|
|Pension||Contributory pension scheme|
|Sick Pay||Yes, increasing with length of service|