Based in our Training Centre in Birmingham. Full time, permanent role, excellent salary and benefits package
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety-critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse makeup of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work-life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award-winning people-orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
As our Occupational Health Nurse/Advisor, you will provide a professional and efficient service of carrying out pre-employment and refresher medicals in line with Network Rail Standards, as well as carrying out D&A tests in line with strict chain of custody rules and processes which take place at any of the group locations across the country and on client sites when requested. You will be responsible for also ensuring all documentation that needs to be completed and stored securely, is done so proficiently.
On a day to day basis, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out medicals in line with the necessary Network Rail Standards
- Providing occupational health advice to the business as required
- Supporting with wellbeing days and initiatives for the business
- Ensure relevant information is collated ahead of the test, i.e., the type of D&A (Pre-employment/Pre-sponsorship/Review/Random)
- Ensuring the testing area is prepared and secure as per requirements
- Ensuring the accurate completion of the Chain of Custody forms and booking forms
- Maintaining the master records with relevant information following tests, i.e., Names/dates/type of test/sentinel number/result etc
- Carrying out the tests in line with Chain of Custody rules and procedures.
- Thoroughly checking laboratory results upon receipt for abnormalities/non-negative results/diluted
- Ensuring all D&A and medical results are uploaded to Sentinel
- Printing and storing a copy of the medical/D&A certificates
- Ensuring any D&A tests, which are returned (i.e., diluted sample) are re-booked if necessary
- Ordering and maintaining testing stock (Sample pots/chain of custody forms/printer paper etc.
- Confident in the use of telephone and meeting people at all levels on a face-to-face basis to be able to plan and coordinate site visits
- Supporting the CEO, Director of People and General Manager with the growth of the medicals and D&A business as required, including visits to Clients
What experience would we like you to have?
In order to meet industry requirements, all applicants should be a fully qualified Occupational Health Nurse registered with NMC. Experience in the private sector would be advantageous but is not essential as full training to meet Network Rail and industry standards can be provided. This role currently offers a 40-hour contract working between the hours of 0800 – 1630 Monday to Friday.
What benefits will I receive:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro-rata) (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is fully accredited with;
- NSAR – Network Rail competency assessments and training
- CITB – Construction & Civils, Health & Safety
- NPTC – Arboriculture
- ILM – Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5
- Highfield – Business Qualifications inc. Level 1, 2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds – Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online
|Job Category||Occupational Health|
|Experience||Specified qualifications are required for this role|
|Holiday||20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)|
|Sick Pay||Yes, increasing with length of service|
|Free Car Parking||Yes|