We are a leading national training company for Apprenticeship Levy paying employers across England working within the rail sector.
What are apprenticeships?
An apprenticeship is a genuine job with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It is a way for individuals to earn while they learn, gaining valuable skills, competence and knowledge in a specific job role.
The apprentice gains this through a wide mix of learning in the workplace, formal off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice new skills in a real work environment. Apprenticeships benefit employers and individuals, and by boosting the skills of the workforce they help to improve economic productivity.
Who are we?
INFRA Skills are registered as a main provider with The Register of Apprentice Training Providers (RoATP) and can deliver rail engineering apprenticeships that allows you to utilise your apprenticeship levy monies to support this. We have specialist trainer-assessors with the relevant industry experience and training expertise to ensure your needs can be fully met.
The programmes are tailored to clients’ specific needs and a strong relationship is developed with both learners and employers to ensure outstanding results are achieved. Our training is designed to engage learners, increase their skills set and keep your business complaint. Apprenticeships can also produce a pipeline of talent to develop and grow your business to meet future demands.
Our apprenticeship programmes
INFRA Skills is committed to working with all our employer clients to design and deliver Apprenticeship training programmes which align with your specific goals and needs.
INFRA Skills is here to help you every step of the way to ensure your business receives maximum return on your apprenticeship levy.
The key benefits of our Apprenticeships include:
- Developed by employers, for employers
- Industry and business recognised qualifications
- Employers have active involvement during the Apprenticeship and take part in progress review meetings. This is essential to ensure continued and positive progress
- An End Point Assessment carried out by an Independent Assessment Organisation to ensure all the required elements of the Apprenticeship have been met
- Professional recognition – on completion of their Apprenticeship the employee becomes eligible for membership to the relevant professional body e.g. the Permanent Way Institute
The employer role
Throughout their training each employee should carry out work and be part of projects which will enable them to produce substantial evidence towards their qualification. Our partnership with employers involves joint reviews of the employee’s progress at regular intervals throughout their Apprenticeship. This ensures continued and positive progress and provides the opportunity to discuss and agree with you how any issues are to be resolved and how additional stretching and challenging activities can be built in, if required.
Benefits of employing an apprentice
- Offering apprenticeships will provide you with a pipeline of fresh recruits, widening your appeal to prospective employees and becoming an employer of choice
- Apprentices will have the right skills and knowledge for the job in your organisation making them an asset to your workforce
- Apprentices are highly motivated, keen to learn and progress within your businesses
- Apprenticeships enable you the employer to introduce new talent to the business; ensuring that skills and experience are passed on through your workforce
- Firms that employ apprentices lower their recruitment costs because training staff is more cost-effective than hiring skilled staff
- Training apprentices produces workers with skills that are not available on the external jobs market, allowing businesses to shape their workers into precisely the right people for the job
- Apprenticeships will give you the edge over your competitors
Paying the apprenticeship levy
If you are an employer with an annual wage bill of more than £3m then you will be paying the Apprenticeship Levy of 0.5% on payroll through PAYE. The system is complicated and we can help you to:
- Understand and make best use of the funds in your Digital Apprenticeship Service online account
- Understand how to make best use of your funds
- Use our knowledge and expertise to create a bespoke plan
- Keep informed about new developments
Speak to one of our friendly and experienced team.
Find out more about how we ‘Empower People’ to be safer and more productive at work.