Drug and Alcohol Testing
INFRA Skills specialises in Drug and Alcohol Testing (D&A) for workers in the rail and construction sectors. We are RISQS-accredited to provide Network Rail-compliant testing service.
Individuals must submit a urine sample for analysis as part of the Network Rail Drug and Alcohol Screening. For testing, the sample is forwarded to our RISQS approved UKAS Accredited Laboratory.
The urine sample is examined in the laboratory for evidence of:
- Amphetamines (incl. Methamphetamines)
- EDDP (Methadone metabolite)
D&A Test Results
It may take up to three days for results to display, and it may take longer if there are any contraindications. Positive samples will result in a 5-year suspension, which will be recorded on your Sentinel profile.
An intoximeter (breath test) is used to determine the presence of alcohol, and the results are immediate.
Network Rail has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy. Your Sentinel Card will be cancelled and you will be prevented from working on any Network Rail or London Underground infrastructure for a period of five years if you receive a “Positive” (Fail) result from your Drug & Alcohol test. This is true for new workers as well as those who have worked on rail for a long time.
What do I need to bring?
- Valid Sentinel Card (or your Sentinel Number) if you have a sponsor
- Photo identification ie Passport or Photocard Driving Licence
- Proof of National Insurance Number ie National Insurance Card or Pay Slip
- List any prescription (or over-the-counter) medications or drugs you’ve taken in the last 14 days
Alternatively, call 0330 113 0006 to speak to our training team for more information